Monday, April 25, 2011

Kick in the ass

Alright, so I just finished talking to my room mate Liz and looks like she's moving out in a month.  She's taking a trip to Europe and won't have a job when she gets back so she'll be living with her parents again. I've been planning on moving for a little while now but just wasn't prepared to do it so soon.  Looks like this is my kick in the ass to get a move on it.  At the end of this week we will pay rent for the month of May and she isn't sure if she can pay for June...so I need to have new living arrangements worked out by June 1.  I'm a little thrown off kilter but it's okay.  I've been wanting, needing to move for about a year now and now it's going to happen.  It's like I've been perched at the edge of a cliff wanting so badly to jump but thinking about it too much and not doing it until Liz finally just pushed me off and made me fly.  So here goes.  One more month in this chapter of my life, and then it's onto something new completely.  I'm excited!

This is where Pat and I really want to move.  San Luis Obispo is about halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, which is perfect for me.  It's only a few hours from my family and it's near both the coast and the mountains.  It's home to Cal Poly SLO which is one of the most esteemed universities in CA.  By all appearances, it is my ideal new home.  Pat and I have a four day weekend planned in the middle of May to look for apartments, and Pat's job is already in talks with him for a transfer which is a big relief.  

No comments:

Post a Comment