Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The first one is always the hardest

I've spent a while contemplating this blog.  For a little bit I tried to narrow down a specific topic I could focus on, a unique niche, but researching the big world of internet blogs always ended up with one sobering realization:  there's a blog about EVERYTHING; nobody is unique or different here.  So I gave up my ideas about fashion blogs, animal rights blogs, literary blogs, art blogs, design inspiration blogs, health blogs, so on and so forth...and ended up deciding that instead of focusing on one of my random interests and trying to constantly make it exciting I would just let my blog do what my mind does all day every day and just....wander.  

This blog will not be a daily source of news updates, cutting-edge information about a given topic or product endorsements.  This blog will be my journal to remember the beauty that surrounds my world every day and an attempt to slow down and recognize it clearly and more often.  My hope is to bring beautiful photos, stories, people, art, music and ideas together so that they can be enjoyed by anyone, anyone at all who can appreciate the magic of the life we wake up to each morning.  

So here's to the beginning of something special.  Cheers.

"To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative 
only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it." 
Osho 

No comments:

Post a Comment